Vitality Active Bike Booster Guide
Vitality members can only choose one Fitness Booster in our range
What is the Bike Booster benefit?
The Vitality Active Rewards Bike Booster benefit allows you to earn up to 25% cash back on qualifying mountain or road bikes from Cycle Lab. Activate your Team Vitality Cycling and Bike Booster benefits, and achieve your weekly Vitality Active Rewards goals to earn monthly cash back for your mountain or road bikes.
Who is eligible for the Bike Booster?
The Bike Booster benefit is available to any Vitality Active Rewards member above the age of 18, who has activated Vitality Active Rewards and Team Vitality Cycling. Vitality members can only have one Fitness Booster active at a time. Find out more about Vitality Active Rewards
What you pay and how to get started on Bike Booster
- You must join Team Vitality Cycling through the Discovery website, to activate Bike Booster and qualify for cash back on your mountain or road bike. The cash back is based on the number of goals you achieve every month.
- You must pay a non-refundable activation fee of R800 (including VAT) when you activate the Team Vitality Cycling benefit on the Discovery app effective from 1 April 2018.
- To qualify for cash back on the Bike Booster benefit, you must buy your mountain or road bike within 30 days of receiving your email confirmation that the payment has cleared.
- Once you have activated and paid for Team Vitality Cycling, you must activate Bike Booster in the Discovery app.
- The activation fee is non-refundable in the case of an exchange, refund of a mountain or road bike or the benefit not being fully activated.
- You will have to pay the full purchase price of the qualifying mountain or road bike that you choose from Cycle Lab. Only qualifying mountain and road bikes that are bought in-store are eligible for the Bike Booster. Online purchases of mountain or road bikes will not qualify under the Bike Booster benefit.
- Bikes that are not within these categories will not be eligible for Bike Booster.
- You can access Vitality Active Rewards through the free Discovery app. However, data costs apply when you download or upgrade to the latest version of the app
How does Bike Booster work?
To qualify for Bike Booster, you need to be a Vitality Active Rewards member with an active Team Vitality Cycling benefit.
- Access Bike Booster on the Vitality Active Rewards page through the Discovery app. Bike Booster can only be activated through the Discovery app.
- The maximum amount that will qualify for Bike Booster cash back is R20 000 per qualifying bike. Any amount that you spend over this will not qualify for cash back with Bike Booster.
- Your cash back is earned by achieving your Vitality Active Rewards goals over a period of 36 consecutive months. You can get a cash back of up to 25% of the purchase price of a mountain or road bike with the Bike Booster benefit. The more goals you meet, the higher the percentage of cash back earned. Meet all your goals over the that you can earn.
- To calculate your Bike Booster cash back, we take up to 25% of the purchase price of your mountain or road bike, to a maximum spend of R20 000 and divide this by the 36 months over which you will receive your cash back. That gives you the cash back amount you will receive each month.
- Members can give their details, eg: name and ID / membership number to the cashier who will capture the purchase against their details. The cashier will log into the Discovery partner portal where s/he can capture the details of the purchase.
- Check your Activity history on the Discovery app to track how many goals you have achieved in a month.
- The month after you buy your mountain or road bike will be the first month that your Vitality Active Rewards goal achievement counts towards your Bike Booster cash back. If you activate Bike Booster and buy your new mountain or road bike in March 2018, April’s goals will be the first to count towards your Bike Booster cash back.
- Each member can only activate Bike Booster for one qualifying mountain or road bike in a 36-month period.
How the Bike Booster cash back is paid out
Your cash back percentage is based on achieving your Vitality Active Rewards goals for the previous month.
- We will calculate your Bike Booster cash back by taking this percentage off the retail price of the mountain or road bike and dividing it by 36 months
- Your cash back is paid monthly over 36 months. The monthly cash back amount depends on your goal completion in the previous month up to a maximum cash back amount 25% pf the purchase price in total over the 36 months.
- The monthly cash back is paid if it amounts to over R50. If your monthly cash back is less than R50, we will carry it over until the amount is more than R50.
- We will pay cash back on a qualifying mountain or road bike that has been bought from Cycle Lab, after we receive email confirmation that the payment has cleared as part of the Bike Booster benefit.
- If more than one mountain or road bike is purchased in one transaction, your cash back will be calculated on the higher-priced bike.
- If you return your bike, your Bike Booster benefit will be cancelled and you will no longer earn monthly cashback. No refunds of the activation fee will be allowed. If you want to activate a Booster benefit at a later stage, you will need to pay another activation.
- If you exchange your mountain or road bike for a new one, the Bike Booster cash back will be calculated based on the first bike you bought.
- If you return your pair of running shoes, your Shoe Booster benfit will be cancelled and you will not continue to earn cash back.
Bike Booster in action – an example of how the benefit works
Dineo earns up to 25% cash back when she achieves all her Vitality Active Rewards goals for 36 consecutive months. Dineo is a Vitality Active Rewards member who activated her Team Vitality Cycling benefit.
She activates the Bike Booster benefit through the Discovery app by successfully paying the once-off activation fee of R800.
She chooses to activate her Team Vitality Cycling membership for free for the duration of the year. In the first week of April 2018, Dineo goes to Cycle Lab and purchases a new mountain bike for R20 000. Dineo’s cash back with Cycle Lab is 25% that she will get over a 36 month cycle receive upon reaching her weekly goals.
Ending the benefit
- If you want to choose a new booster benefit and cancel the Bike Booster benefit, you will forfeit the remaining cash backs under this benefit.
- If you want to activate a new booster benefit you will first need to cancel your Bike Booster benefit through the Discovery app.
- You will not be able to cancel your selected Fitness Booster if you have already paid the activation fee.
- By cancelling your Bike Booster benefit you will forfeit any remaining cash backs under this benefit.
- You will not continue to earn cashback for any months that may remain for your booster benefit, after the cancellation date.
- You will be responsible to pay an activation fee for the new Booster that you choose to take up.
- Bike Booster has to be activated under your personal profile. Refunds on the activation fee for transfers from one member profile to another will not be granted.
Find out more about the Bike Booster benefit
To find out more about the Bike Booster benefit, visit the Discovery website.
Stay in touch
If you have any questions or need more information about this benefit, please visit the Discovery website and click on Vitality or call 0860 99 88 77.
Terms and conditions apply. If there is a conflict between rules in this benefit guide and the Vitality Main Rules – the Vitality Main Rules will apply at all times.
Keep up to date with the latest news from Vitality: Download the Discovery app, follow Discovery Vitality on (@Discovery_SA) and (DiscoverySA).